Migrate a VM to another storage pool and other general settings
If you have ordered multiple storage pools for your DDC (Fast Storage, Ultra Fast Storage, with/without Snapshot) you may probably want to migrate a VM from e.g. Fast Storage to Ultra Fast Storage.
Note: If you want to change from a Storage Pool with snapshot to one without snapshot or vice versa, you have to order a new storage tier in the related DDC (please refer to :2.3.2 Modify a DDC), migrate the VMs as described below and finally delete the old storage pool.
Most of these settings can be done while VM is running.
In the vApp diagram mark and right-click the VM and select Properties from the context menu.
2) In the General tab you can change general settings of your VM
3) In order to change the storage profile of your VM, scroll down to Storage Policy. From the drop down menu choose the storage pool you want the VM to be migrated to.
4) You can change the name and description displayed in vCloud Director by changing these values.
5) To upgrade the virtual hardware version mark the checkbox Upgrade to and select the version from the dropdown menu (VM must be powered off).
6) To hot-add vCPUs and memory, mark the checkboxes Virtual CPU hot add and Memory hot add (VM must be powered off).
Click OK to save the changes.